Monday 20 February 2012

Pullip Fan Art...

So... I nearly always start my posts with so, I have to stop that!

I managed to pick up a little pen friend from Pullip Fiction called Naomi (aka minipinkpullip101). We've written a couple of times and she sends me pictures, so I have felt I need to get back into my drawing again. 

I went to art college, so its not as if its completely unknown to me, its just I haven't drawn properly in years! After doing Graphic Design for so long, it kinda meant I wasn't drawing properly that often, and I've kinda got very rusty!

The first letter I just did a couple of quick pictures done in pen and crayon, but I wasn't all that impressed with them...




Maybe its the harshness of the lines? Especially on the nose, the picture that RanSurround did (featured in Birthday Treats) has very few details on the face... Well anyway, I decided to get back to my forte of chalk and charcoal! I chose a picture and got started! It took me ages - I actually can't remember the last time I did a chalk & charcoal, its got to be about 10 years!! So anyway, the result is below!



The face shape isn't quite right but overall I'm really pleased! I think I'm gonna try and do this more often - well - when I have a spare 3 or 4 hours! I reckon, the more I do, the better I get!

It feels good to be drawing again!!

Thanks for looking!

Miss M x

2 comments:

  1. Jem! I can tell you that I LOVE these drawings and treasure all the hard work that went into them. Thank you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete